- KOHLER Co. provides one-source responsibility for the generating systems and accessories
- The generator set and its components are prototype-tested, factory-built, and production-tested
- The 60 Hz generator set offers a UL 2200 listing.
- The 60 Hz generator set engine is certified by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to conform to Tier 2 nonroad emissions regulations.
- A one-year limited warranty covers all systems and components. Two-, five-, and ten-year extended warranties are also available.
- The generator set accepts rated load in one step.
- Kohler designed controllers for guaranteed system integration and remote communication
- The low coolant level shutdown prevents overheating (standard on radiator models only)
- Integral vibration isolation eliminates the need for under-unit vibration spring isolators
- An electronic, isochronous governor delivers precise frequency regulation
- Multiple circuit breaker configurations
- Hurricane-rated enclosures available; 186 mph wind load rating on sound aluminum enclosure
- The pilot-excited, permanent-magnet (PM) alternator provides superior short-circuit capability
- NEMA MG1, IEEE, and ANSI standards compliance for temperature rise and motor starting
- Sustained short-circuit current of up to 300% of the rated current for up to 10 seconds and enables down stream circuit breakers to trip without collapsing the alternator field
- Self-ventilated and dripproof construction
- Superior voltage waveform from a two-thirds pitch stator and skewed rotor and digital solid-state, volts-per-hertz voltage regulator with ±0.25% no-load to full-load regulation
- Brushless alternator with brushless pilot exciter for excellent load response